Vetrikodi Kattu – A talk show on our KLR the photo guru YouTube channel with Pon Prabakaran : a freelance photographer from Chennai who has bagged the “Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year (2018 -2019) Category: Photo series on a single wedding ” award The interview spans through his life journey as a Documentary wedding photographer showcasing close to 40 of his works detailing about the techniques, experiences and ultimately to the recent award which serves as an inspiration to many budding photographers.
Starting off my career as a part-timer in a studio during my college days, I was drawn into photography while editing photos taken in the studio. As days went by, my interest in photography grew and I became passionate about it. I continued learning more and made many friends in the process. The past eight years have been truly enriching as far as the experience I gained go. As days turned into months and months into years, I realized wedding photojournalism is my forte, my strong point. Trying to break free from the mainstream wedding photography, I realized capturing special moments at weddings from a different perspective is a lot more satisfying. I’ve always felt the best way to shoot wedding photographs is when the people are not posing for the camera, resulting in photos filled with soul and honest emotions.
Recognitions Winner – 2nd Place – Silk Photos – Documentary wedding photography awards (2016) Emerging photographer of the year – Weddingsutra (2017) Winner of Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year (2018 -2019) Category: Photo series on a single wedding
ADMISSIONS OPEN for Contemporary and Candid Wedding Photography weekend course.
அர்த்தமுள்ள, கதைசொல்லும் கேண்டிட் படங்களை காட்சிப்படுத்தல்
திருமணங்களில் Professional Studio பிளாஷ், – Professional Studio Camera mounted பிளஷ்ஸ் – பயன்பாடு
லைட்டிங் செட் அப் – available மற்றும் வீடியோ லைட் ஐ பயன்படுத்துதல் – mixed லைட் செட் அப் – ஒளட்டோர் போர்ட்ரைட்இல், லோ லைட்
டாப் அங்கிள் , லோ அங்கிள் போட்டோகிராபியில் மோனோ பாட் பயன்பாடு
கேண்டிட் படத்திற்கு பெஸ்ட் லென்ஸ் மற்றும் செட்டிங்ஸ்
புதுமண ஜோடியை Pre- வெட்டிங் / போஸ்ட் வெட்டிங் படங்களுக்கு போஸ் கொடுக்க ஊக்குவித்தல் , மேலும் பல புதிய தகவல்கள், குறிப்புகள்
How to see and visualize a candid shot? – How to make the candid shots meaning full & storytelling? – How to use the professional studio flashes in the wedding events? – How to use the professional portable camera mounted flashes? – How to use the available lights and video lights as sources? – How to mix the above lights in a wedding/event scenario?
How to use monopods in wedding shoots for low light photography/top angle/low angle photography? – How to control the depth of field effectively to tell stories through photos? – How to use fast prime lenses like 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.2 and zoom lenses 16-35mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses for shooting candid shots? – How to motivate the couple in a pre/post wedding shots?
FOR SALE – CANON 600D COMBO with 18-200mm Lens, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT EXTERNAL Flash. Price – Rs.60000 (Rupees SIXTY Thousand only)
The Combo includes:
1. CANNON 600D Body
2. CANNON EFS 18-200mm Lens
3. CANON 600EX-RT External Flash. All original Cables and Chargers intact and available.
Excellent Condition. No Fungus in Lens. No scratches and Marks. Sparingly used. Less than 5K shutter counts till date. All Items only Four years old.
REASON FOR SELLING – Upgrade Pick up in CHENNAI.
COMPLIMENTARY ITEMS – I am giving one Class 10 Memory Card Storage, Bag and Hood, One Battery Charger for the External Flash, One Tripod-cum-Mono Pod (worth Rs.8500) as a Compliment but WITHOUT NEGOTIATION. If Price Negotiated then no FREEBIES.
Wow your friends and family with your photography skills
Understand your Camera better
Acquire a new hobby
become a confident photographer through our streamlined curriculum with a supportive demo practical sessions, mentor-guided field trips, feedback and review sessions.
Learn Photography from Ambitions 4 Photography Academy!
Admissions open for the 82nd Basic Photography weekend batch.
Call 9444 441190 for details
Feedback from Participants
Anand babu of the 78th Basic Photography Weekend batch
Being a part of the 78th batch of basic dslr photography course, I would say this is the best academy in the metropolitan to start ur venture towards photography.
I would point out the key factors what everyone will look for before joining any institution.
1. Quality of teaching – No wonder the founder of the institution is called the Photo Guru. Breaking down even the complex answers in the easiest form. Be it any question, u will get a feel that the same question has been asked to him already a thousand times. He comes out with flawless explanation. U will realise in no time what a depth of knowledge he has. Best part is every class is conducted by himself, be it theory or practical. It indicates how serious he is about the job even when he was conducting his 78th batch.
2. Course objectives – It is framed in such a way u just start from the scrap and build it slow and steady. U will realise in no time that you are getting a hang of it. The theory and practical sessions are well balanced.
3. Infrastructure – its a wonderful place to be. U can appreciate even the way how the construction of the place is. The photos displayed all over. U will never get boredom even if u look at them over and over. Absolutely clean and hygienic place.
4. Course fee – U will in due course of time after joining will realise its more than full paisa vasool. Best part is even if u miss out few classes u r most welcome to attend it at the next batch without paying anything extra. It clearly sends a message that its not only about the money that they value. The real intention is to impart knowledge.
5. Staffs – We had an opportunity to be with Mr.Swaroop and Mrs.Preetha. They are so friendly and help u out every time when u r in need. U will get very good guidance even if u would like to know about which cam or lens u would like to go for. For that matter any gadget related to photography.
Overall I would say this is the best place one would like to be if they want to learn about photography. No chances of regrets, more chances to appreciate.
to see works of the participants click the following link